Saturday, April 17, 2010

Wanting More

Three weeks ago, I was talking to Brent about our upcoming trip to Oregon to see our niece's baptism. I felt very unsettled and anxious about leaving for a week. Brent thought about it for a couple of days, and said, "Maybe you should think about staying home." When he said that, I felt so relieved. It was the oddest thing, because I love family road trips, I wanted to visit our family in Oregon, and it would not be difficult to get substitutes for my ballet class and Primary music responsibilities. What was keeping me in Utah?

Well, last Monday, my Great Aunt Ila passed away (at age 90), and I learned that my parents from Texas and many family members from Canada, including my (fading) grandfather, would be in town. Had I gone to Portland, I would have missed out on this time with my mother's side of the family. I feel like the Lord took care me, and helped me to be in the best place this weekend.

Also, I love inspiring funerals. I came away from the family viewing and funeral so grateful for family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This funeral made me want "more". I want to love the scriptures more, be in contact with my loved ones more and seize more opportunities to build up others. I want to be more like Aunt Ila. . . I want to be more prepared to meet the Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment