Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tragedy?

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. ~ Oscar Wilde


There is nothing tragic about becoming like my mother. 


(Except maybe the "Sally Bird" tendon that sticks out on my neck, the TMJ, and the inability to stay awake if I sit still for over 20 minutes. She has already apologized for each of these things!)

I have an amazing mother. I'm so grateful to have her righteous influence in my life.  She taught me how to find happiness and to turn to God for help and comfort. She taught me to love the scriptures and to read them daily. She taught me to love others. She did her best to teach me to cook. (You get an "A" for effort, Mom!) She taught me  to love books. She taught me how to work and how to sew and how to change a tire. She taught me to give my best efforts to the most important things in my life, my children. 

My mother is my friend, my mentor, my example.

Thank you, Mom! I love you.  





This is my favorite picture of my mother and me. 

You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be -- I had a mother who read to me." ~ Strickland Gillilan

No comments:

Post a Comment